disclaimer

Copyright 2012-14 Leslie Robinson All Rights Reserved

Friday, April 25, 2014

Feed Me Friday - Higher Power to the Chicken Degree

Your Higher Power:


is NOT your addiction:


IS a power greater than yourself and with it, you can do anything!



While feeding your soul with some great music, feed your body with this delicious Shredded Chicken! 



When visiting my parents, I am asked what I want to eat while there. I always request a shredded chicken sandwich.  A couple of days ago I was at a friend's house for dinner and her Aunt Ellen made shredded chicken in the crock pot. I put it over mashed potatoes and it reminded me of my mom's chicken sandwich. So, when offered leftovers to take home - I took some chicken and made it into a sandwich the next day!  YUMMY and reminded me of home!  Here's how:

Place the following in a slow cooker:

4 chicken breasts
2 cans of mushroom soup
1 boullion cube
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken practically shreds itself!

I put this over mashed potatoes!  It would also be delicious over a biscuit. 

To make it into a sandwich, crush crackers (saltine, club, Ritz) and add until the mixture is thick enough to put in a bun. Think of the consistancy of sloppy joes.






No comments:

Post a Comment