disclaimer

Copyright 2012-14 Leslie Robinson All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Stories - Summer

Hello my name is Summer and I'm an alcoholic and drug addict.
My sobriety date is 2/1/2003. I have a home group in a 12 step program. 
I have a sponsor and I sponsor women in this program.

I am from a northern state from a big family in a semi rural area. I grew up with horses and farms and lots of out door spaces. I was also adopted into this family. I am now 49yrs old.

I started messing around with alcohol when I was 12. That's the first time I got drunk anyway. I was out with my friend and his Mom for the afternoon at one of the lakes. Later that evening while we were eating at a bar and grill, my friend and I got into the pitchers of beer on the table and I began to drink. No one noticed and I got hammered. I got so drunk that to this day I can't remember if my friend got drunk too.

When I got home I told my Mom (who was waiting up for me) that I was sick, and I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I had just gotten a cast off my leg from partially breaking my lower leg in a horse accident.

When I laid down to sleep the room began to spin. I ran to the bathroom to get sick and I fell and re-broke my leg. I never told anyone except my brothers who woke up when I screamed from the pain. No they never told on me either.

After a few days of being sick from my first drunk. The pain and suffering seemed to slip my mind because I was about to do it again.....


Come back next week for more of Summer's story!


No comments:

Post a Comment