disclaimer

Copyright 2012-14 Leslie Robinson All Rights Reserved

Friday, May 2, 2014

Feed Me Friday - Food for the Body & Soul: 3rd Step Prayer and Ramon Noodle Salad

Wednesday, we discussed Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. Here are a variety of 3rd step prayers to help you with that.

From Meditations for Street Chicks Step 3 booklet
available on our website www.streetchicks.net

Third Step Prayer, Life With Hope

Higher Power,
I have tried to control the uncontrollable for far too long.
I acknowledge that my life is unmanageable.
I ask for your care and guidance.
Grant me honesty, courage, humility, and serenity,
to face that which keeps me from you and others.

I give this life to you to do with as you will.



Native American 3rd Step Prayer

Oh Great Spirit whose voice in the winds I hear,

And whose breath gives life to all the world-
Hear me.
Before you I come
One of your many children.
I am small & weak.
Your strength & wisdom I need.
Let me walk in beauty & make my eyes ever behold the sunset.
Make my heart respect all You have made,
& my ears sharp to hear Your voice.
Make me wise that I may know all You have taught my people,
The lessons You have hidden in every rock.
I seek strength, not to be superior to my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.
Make me ready to stand before You with clean & straight eyes,
So when life fades as the fading sunset,
may my spirit stand before You without shame.
Mitakuye Oyasin




Deciding to turn your will and life over to God is EASY!  So is this crunchy Ramen noodle salad!


Ingredients

1 package of coleslaw mix
2 packages Ramen noodles
Vinaigrette type salad dressing of your choice - I like to use Balsamic Vinaigrette, but it would be delicious with Italian, Asian, etc...

Place the slaw mix in a large bowl with a tight fitting lid. Crunch up the Ramen noodles and add to the slaw mix. Discard the seasoning mix. Add enough salad dressing to coat - about a cup. Put the lid on and shake!  That's it!!



This keeps for a couple of days, but the noodles loose their crunch. Great for a potluck!  Some recipes also add sunflower seeds, onion, and sesame seeds. The combinations are endless. Just use your imagination!




THAT WAS EASY!






1 comment:

  1. Another great recipe! I'm going to the store now to get the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete