disclaimer

Copyright 2012-14 Leslie Robinson All Rights Reserved

Friday, May 23, 2014

Feed Me Friday - Food for Your Body and Soul - Magic Cookie Bars & A Better Me!

 Bill Metts with Hope by Song put music to a story/poem submitted by Roxanne at SalusCare. It could very well have been written just for me. Anyone else feel the same way? 





Click here to listen to 'A Better Me'

Magic Cookie Bars - YUM!


This is all you need for this recipe- twice! I made a double batch -
 one to take with me to a get together, the other to keep at home!

This couldn't be easier!

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans!)
DIRECTIONS:
1.Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Put the stick of butter in the pan, in the oven to melt. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn! When melted, take out the pan and add the graham cracker crumbs.
2.Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
3.Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.



Before baking
After baking

I put the nuts for one batch in the blender and made them really finely chopped - the left pan. In the right pan I simply rough chopped them. I just depends on how you like them.

If you have a favorite recipe I'd love to try it! Just click the link to the right to contact me!



No comments:

Post a Comment