disclaimer

Copyright 2012-14 Leslie Robinson All Rights Reserved

Friday, June 6, 2014

Feed Me Friday - Walk a Mile in My Shoes & Avocado Eggs

Walk a Mile in My Shoes!




To got with this quote, here is a song by Bill Metts, Hope by Song, titled 'A Mile in My Shoes'. 



I've seen this egg on the internet, but never made it. Sooooo, I figured it was about time. I used 2 Avocados, slice them around the long way and twist open. To remove the seed, strike it with your knife and twist it out. Crack an egg into each half. I used these crock bowls (oven safe) so they wouldn't roll around. The part of the recipe that I did not read was to scoop out some of the avocado before putting the egg in. A large egg overflowed a bit, but then that part of the white simply cooked in the bowl, no biggie! A ramiken would work too. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. I put the crocks and some turkey bacon on a baking sheet and baked at 425 for 15 minutes.



I did NOT take an 'after' pic because some of my bacon was overcooked (OK burnt). BUT, the pieces that were doubled up were just fine, so that's what I will do the next time! And, the dog didn't seemed to mind the over-done ones! Here is what an avocado egg looked like:

I want one right now!!!

I'm always looking for great recipes! Submit your favorite, either through a comment below, or the contact form on the right!







No comments:

Post a Comment